Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Pictures - Young Amber in 14k Gold

14k Gold Wire Bracelet - Amber - Eternal - Free Shipping

This piece is woven from 14k gold-filled wire and decorated with young amber pieces. I really love working with gold-filled -- which is longer lasting and better quality than gold-plated. The colors with gold are so different from silver.

It was really difficult to create a bracelet with just the right amount of orange-tint. I was afraid too much would make it look tacky. I think, however, that it turned out a successful endeavor.

I'd like to create more gold pieces. I've thought about making another with freshwater pearls and 14k gold-filled. I recently sold a bracelet with a similar design.

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.203306494.jpg

On the next gold and pearl bracelet, I'd like to incorporate larger pearls. I bought some very fancy, shapely pearls recently that I have in mind for this project. More new items coming in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment